When traveling Malaysia, a trip to Melaka is a must. You will learn al lot about the history and culture of Melaka. The city is declared a UNESCO World Heritage site in 2008.
We enjoyed it very much and want to share 10 things to do in Melaka with kids. Two days and one night is enough to visit the whole city. Our hotel, Da Som Inn was right behind Jonker street, nice location, clean rooms, friendly and helpfull staff and good breakfast.
- Ride a trishaw: This is a easy and fun way to explore the city, the kids really loved this kitschy ride.
2. Eat local food: When you are in Melaka you have to eat local
3. Menara Tower: The revolving tower gives you a nice view over Melaka
4. Walk in Jonker street (night market)
5. Baba Nyonya museum
6. St. Paul’s hill and church
7. River cruise and/or river walk
8. Flora de la Mar Maritime Museum
9. Red Square (Dutch square)
10. A Famosa, an old Portugese fortress